Information on Opening Bank Account in Georgia when a client is physically visiting banks Opening a personal bank account in Georgia is pretty simple. Every person can do it themselves, without any assistance. All you are required to provide is your passport and that’s pretty much It. However, some people still require help due to language gap. So, here we are “Business Register Georgia” Lawyers.
Checklist for Foreigner who opens a bank account in Georgia
- You do have an account in different currencies
- Check if you can access internet banking
- Use Digipass (token) instead of SMS banking. You may activate roaming service on your Georgian phone number, but digipass is a more safe and secured way for foreigners having Georgian Bank Account. In some countries, roaming service may not work as expected, or you may lose your sim card… To avoid such circumstances and minimize the chance that you may need come back due to these inconvenient issues I recommend using digipass which you can always reactivate remotely.
- Make trial Transfer, see how does It and If does it work properly.
- Do not forget to indicate your international number while opening a bank account in Georgia. This is crucial! This way you may avoid lots of problems.
- Request Bank Cards if you require so in your preferred currency.
- Change pin code on ATM
- Additionally, you can use personal banker service for around 200 Gel a year if your account 600,000 soldiers move annually. This way you have somebody available on WhatsApp, for the call or email at any time in the bank. The banker can give you information regarding your accounts, as well as, make some transactions as per your request.
we are not decision making body so we cannot give you 100% assurance that banks will open bank accounts even if we comply with formal side. Banks have their decision making department who assess each client individually and make decision. In most cases we are able to open bank account whilst we cannot access online banking or request bank cards. Additionally, we can assign you private banker who will inform you about your accounts and make transactions on behalf of you.